- YOUR OUTDOOR SPECIALIST -
Designer & manufacturer of protective equipment for all types of boats
Pioneer and leader in Europe, NVequipment designs and manufactures customised equipment for protection and comfort for all navigation and boat types, for builders, retailers and charterers. Today, the company, based in western France, is the only European organisation with the ability to combine industrial efficiency and expert craftsmanship. NV products protect, customise and add a touch of style and comfort to sailing boats.
- PIONEER & CREATOR - The story of NV (Normandie Voile), set up in 1977 by a couple with a passion for sailing, Jean-Yves and Josette Chevalier, began as a craft business in Ouistreham in Normandy.
from the 1st sprayhood and 1st bimini
Since they were first and foremost seafarers, they decided to create nautical fittings and equipment, with the goal of better protecting themselves aboard and so they could fully indulge in their passion for the sea. Jean-Yves Chevalier therefore invented the 1st sprayhood for his own use on his yacht in 1986, which he would then further develop into three different sizes to be distributed among a network of retailers.
In 1990, NVequipment made the strategic choice to abandon its sail-making activity in order to concentrate fully on designing and manufacturing protective accessories for boats. The company then set up in the Vendée department to begin actively working with French boat builders, which led to the 1st bimini top, designed in 1992 for one of the largest charter fleets.
- ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE - Through its constant contact with recreational boaters, NVequipment quickly understood that the needs and the equipment were different depending on boating practices.
in your passion
Fishermen and women need protection. Regatta sailors remain purists looking for thrills and sensations on the water. Family cruises require a high-level of safety and comfort on board, while motorboats require practicality, functionality and speed depending on the type of boat.
For the past 15 years, recreational sailing has become more popular with the explosion of leisure activities. Sea excursions are frequent on sunny days. Boats are put away as late as possible, at the end of autumn, so people can make the most of their passion for sailing. The longer sailing season and prolonged weekend outings require Outdoor protective canopies and covers.
For this reason, for more than 20 years, NVequipment has developed a wide range of protective equipment, customised for every boat. Everyone can thus freely indulge in their passion, either at sea or moored or at anchor.
- NEW TECHNOLOGIES - serving your experience“Tomorrow, digital technologies will revolutionise the complex decision-making processes that delay projects. At the same time, we need to become ultra-precise and move very fast, as the boating cycle is becoming shorter and shorter. ’ Pascal Cardi.
To cope with new economic challenges in our industry and changes in behaviour, NVequipment has been investing in the digital transformation of its organisation and practices for several years, for example:
- Implementing ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) to share its practices with all stakeholders in a data-focused culture.
- NVEQUIPMENT is strengthening its relationship with the market and its customers by enhancing its offer and publishing 2 multilingual websites that provide immediate access to its products and advice for professionals and the general public.
- NV closely follows innovation, such as virtual reality, presented at Metstrade 2016. A revolution in the design of new projects, it allows customers to visualize themselves on a boat in 3D and see protective covers at night, during the day, under the sprayhood, and more. This technology may soon be available in the sailors’ purchasing experience.
- NV is present on Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn, allowing us to communicate and exchange closely with our community of sailing enthusiasts. It is thanks to the experiences of sailors and brand ambassadors that we can innovate and provide the nautical equipment to suit their needs.